Group campites cater to groups that range in size from 10 to 100 people. Check each site for restrictions on the total number of people and vehicles permitted. Unless noted otherwise, no Adventure Pass is required when your vehicle is parked within the campground. For smaller groups, consult the listings for Family Camps.
The information below is provided to assist you with locating an appropriate site for your needs. You need to verify the services, amenities, and fees when making a reservation. No Adventure Pass is required as long as your vehicle is parked within the campground.
Fees are subject to change.
|Can be Reserved||Handicap Accessibility|
|Drinking Water on site||RV Dump|
|$45 = daily fee||Equestrian camp|
|4,500′ = altitude||# of campers permitted|
|Maximum space length for a vehicle;
5/10-9/20 = 2001 season
: Many sites can be reserved through the National Recreation Reservation System (NSSR) either on line (use the link in the listing) or by phone:
- 1-800-444-6777 (toll free)
- 1-877-833-6777 (TDD)
- 518-885-3639 (international)
Sky Forest Ranger Station: 909-337-2444
- Fisherman’s: $10. Near Deep Creek with primary access via the Crab Creek Trail.
40 people; no vehicles.
- Shady Cove: $30-70.
100 people; 15 vehicles.
- Tent Peg: $50.
30 people; 5 vehicles. $50.
Big Bear Discovery Center: 909-866-3437
- Big Pine Flat Horse: $65. Near Fawnskin (7 miles, Rim of the World). Horse corrals (4). Portable toilets, trash containers, fire rings and stoves. Near to hiking, biking and OHV trails and target shooting. No refunds for bad weather.
6,820′; 60 people; 5 vehicles; 5/24-10/1. NRRS
- Bluff Mesa: $50. Off main road (Mill Creek Road to 2N86A). Pack-in, pack-out.
40 people; 8 vehicles; 99′ space length; 5/24-10/1. NRRS
- Boulder: $50. 5,800′; 40 people; 8 vehicles. Call NRRS.
- Buttercup: $75. Near Big Bear Lake (Summit Blvd.). Pack-in, pack-out.
40 people; 8 vehicles; 25′ space length; 5/24-10/15. NRRS
- Deer: $50. Near Big Bear Lake (Mill Creek Road to 2N45Y). Pack-in, pack-out.
40 people; 8 vehicles; 30′ space length; 5/23-11/12. NRRS
- Gray’s Peak: $65. Near Fawnskin (Rim of the World to 2N13). Close to Butler Park Fire Lookout. BBQ grill (1), fire rings (3), tables (3), pit toilet (1). No refunds for bad weather.
7,132′, 40 people; 10 vehicles; 40′ space length; 5/24-10/1.NRRS
- Green Spot: $50. Near Big Bear Lake (Summit Boulevard). Hiking Trails (Sugarloaf National Rec Trail). Horse corrals (5); fire rings (3), tables (4), vault toilet (1). No trashpickup.
7,224′, 25 people; 10 vehicles; 5/11-10/15. NRRS
- Ironwood: $65. Near Fawnskin (Rim of the World, 3N97). Biking Trails. Hiking and OHV trails and target shooting nearby. Trash containers. BBQ grills (1), fire rings (2), tables (2), pit toilet (1). No refunds for bad weather.
6,637′, 25 people; 5 vehicles; 5/24-10/1. NRRS
- Juniper Springs: $50. Near Fawnskin (Rim of the World, 2N13). Hiking, biking and OHV trails nearby. BBQ grills (1), fire rings (3), tables (3), pit toilet (1). No trash collection.
7,739′, 40 people; 8 vehicles; 5/11-10/15. NRRS
- Round Valley: Free. Requires an Adventure Pass.
15 people; 3 vehicles.
- Siberia Creek: Free. 40 people; no vehicles.
- Tanglewood: $65. Near Van Dusen Canyon Road (3N79). Gold Fever Trail and Pacific Crest Trail nearby. BBQ grill, fire ring, tables, pit toilet. No trash collection. No refunds for bad weather. Some first-come, first-serve.
7,542′, 40 people; 8 vehicles; 25′ space length; 5/24-10/1.NRRS
Mill Creek Ranger Station: 909-794-1123
- Coon Creek Cabin: $50. Angelus Oaks (Highway 38, 1N02). Picnic Shelters.
40 people; 14 vehicles; Year round. NRRS
- Council: $100. Angelus Oaks (Highway 38). Hiking and fishing nearby.
50 people; 10 vehicles; 5/15-10/1. NRRS
- Heart Bar Equestrian: $200. Highway 38 (near 1N02). Horse and nature trails. Corals (46), tables (11). Large campfire family ring. Flush toilets.
65 people; 21 vehicles; 5/15-10/1. NRRS
- Lobo: $100.
75 people; 15 vehicles. Call NRRS.
- Oso: $200.
100 people; 20 vehicles. Call NRRS.
- Skyline: $50. Highway 38 (1N02). Access to San Gorgonio Wilderness. Firewood sold on site. Pets must be leashed. Two-night minimum on weekends, three-night minimum on holiday weekends. No discharging of firearms. Sites not occupied within 24 hours of reserved times are forfeited. No refunds for bad weather.
25 people; 9 vehicles; 5/15-10/1. NRRS
Idyllwild Ranger Station: 909-659-2117
- Black Mountain: $40 (1-25), $70 (26-50), $100 (51-75), $130 (76-100). Highway 243/Idyllwild (Black Mountain Road, 4S01).
50 people; 16 vehicles; 5/17-9/27. NRRS
- Ribbonwood Equestrian: $120/$200
75 people; 30 vehicles.